PAUL VI PARENT AND TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PVI PTO)
Welcome! The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a vital part of the PVI community, and we invite you to be a part of it. The PTO includes parents and guardians of PVI students, as well as members of the faculty and administration. The PTO has a strong tradition of promoting communication and educational excellence at Paul VI Catholic High School.
Membership is voluntary. Your annual PTO membership dues support PVI events and programs, teacher scholarships, wish-lists and mini-grants, faculty & staff appreciation functions, and service projects. We urge you to join and become an active member of our PTO family. We encourage you to volunteer and support our ongoing annual activities and programs which benefit the PVI community. Thank you, in advance, for your generous support.
The Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) at Paul VI Catholic High School was established in 1985.
The mission of the PVI PTO is to promote and sustain communication within the PVI community and support PVI parents, teachers and students.
- Promote the ideals of a Christ-centered learning environment and support the spiritual and academic development of our students
- Promote and foster communication with and between parents, teachers, school administration, and students
- Sponsor activities and programs that enhance the quality of life at PVI, foster school pride and demonstrate support of our faculty and staff
- Support Educational Excellence
PTO E-mail: PVIPTO@paulvi.net
ACTIVITIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Publish annual PVI Student Directory.
- Respond to parent concerns and questions at PVIPTO@paulvi.net in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update PTO webpage.
- Publicize PTO events and solicit PTO volunteers via “Thursday’s Thoughts” and other school communication outlets.
- Support PVI “Parent Ambassadors” program.
Sponsor Activities and Programs
- Host Faculty and Staff Appreciation Events throughout the year (coffees, breakfasts, and luncheons).
- Sponsor service projects (e.g. coat drives, recycling programs, needs-based outreach, etc.)
- Identify and host student and parent educational programs
- Provide volunteers for school events (e.g. Summer Sizzler, Orientation activities, Fall Open House, teacher appreciation events, Incoming Freshman Registration Day, etc.)
- Financially support All Night Grad Party (ANGP) and Campus Ministry endeavors.
Promote Educational Excellence
- Provide academic enrichment scholarships to Faculty and Administrators (through annual “Hearts for Teachers” fundraising campaign)
- Fund PTO Teacher Wish-Lists and Mini-Grants
- Coordinate various fundraisers to benefit PVI and at-large community
Open to all parents and guardians of current PVI students. PVI Administration and faculty are automatically members of the PTO.
ANNUAL DUES: $50.00 per family, annually (subject to change)
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- FREE copy of PVI Student Directory
- Advocacy and educational enrichment for parents and students
- Support of Faculty and Administration
- Your connection to school activities and volunteer opportunities at PVI
- Your financial support of PTO enhances professional development of faculty & staff, improves classroom infrastructure and meets miscellaneous school-wide needs
- Allows you to be an active partner in your child’s educational journey at Paul VI Catholic HS
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
- Join the PTO & attend PTO meetings
- Participate in PTO sponsored events
- Become an active volunteer!!
- Donate to your PTO and actively support PTO fundraisers
- Become a “Parent Ambassador”
The PTO Board includes the following elected Officers – President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. Term of Office is 1 year. Officers are voted in at the end of year General meeting. Committee Chair positions include Communications, Fundraising, Hospitality, and Membership.
The PTO Executive Board meets monthly, usually on the 1st or 2nd Monday of the month. (See PTO Calendar tab for more information). General meetings will be held in November, February and May, or at the call of the President. Executive Board meetings include Chairpersons of the Standing Committees.
SIGN-UP: Your membership application has many volunteer opportunities listed. Please sign-up to assist with Hospitality, Parent Programs, Registration, Open House, Summer Sizzler, and Parent Ambassadors, to name a few. You can volunteer a little or a lot!! Some volunteer needs are in school and some can be done from home. Please partner with us and make your child’s experience at Paul VI Catholic High School the best that it can be!!
TO JOIN THE PTO:
It’s easy to join the PTO. Complete a PTO Membership Application, enclose your annual dues & mail to:
Paul VI PTO – Membership
Paul VI Catholic High School
10675 Fairfax Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22030