2016 - 2017 RETREATS
Retreats are offered to students throughout the year to provide them an opportunity for deeper reflection on their Christian discipleship. Retreats are planned to meet the spiritual needs of students living in a secular world. Led by a Chaplain, Guest Speaker or Spiritual Director, students will have the opportunity to focus on their faith and their ongoing relationship with God now and in the future. Christ acts on each individual He calls.
All students are required to attend a retreat during their junior year. Retreats are a prerequisit to register for senior year classes graduation, please see the dates below.
Please stop by Campus Ministry to complete a registration form or go to:
Campus Ministry will notify students of their retreat and send all information and payment requests when sign-ups are completed. The 2016 - 2017 Retreat Fee is $140.00 per student with a check payable to: Paul VI High School. In the memo line please print your student's name. Payment and permission forms will be collected two weeks prior to the retreat.
RETREAT SCHEDULE FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR:
- September 15 - 17 (boys)
- October 20 - 22 (girls) *note - this is a date change
- November 10 - 12 (boys)
- February 9 - 11 (girls)
- March 23 - 25 (boys)
- April 6 - 8 (girls)
PVI Retreat Policy Details –
- Students are required to make a retreat in their junior year at Paul VI. Retreat fulfillment is a prerequisite for senior year.
- Rising juniors have the liberty of making a retreat over the summer before their junior year with approval from Campus Ministry prior to making the outside retreat.
- Students may fulfill their retreat requirements in the following ways:
- Attend a Retreat run by PVI Campus Ministry. All Campus Ministry retreats have a fixed number of spots available---no less than 25 and no more than 40.
- Attend an overnight retreat run by any parish in the diocese with approval from Campus Ministry prior to making the outside retreat.
- A pilgrimage or foreign mission, run by PVI’s Campus Ministry.
- For Non-Catholic students: you are permitted to attend a retreat not run by PVI or a Catholic parish with approval from Campus Ministry prior to making the retreat.
- All senior transfers will be interviewed on a case by case basis.
Please click here for the Verification Form for a Non-PVI Retreat
Why go on a Retreat?
- To take some time away from hectic life
- To grow in your spirituality
- To learn the value of prayer and contemplation
- To enjoy the simplicity and beauty of life
- To encounter Christ reflected in ourself and in others