Welcome to Panthers Football
Varsity and JV will begin on August 7 at 9 am. We will hand out equipment and jersey numbers. We will practice from 12 to 2 pm and will begin two/day practices on August 8 at 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Please arrive no later than 7:15 am. We will have two/day practices on August 8 and 9. We will be off Sunday and leave for Graves Mountain on Monday, August 11. Be at school by 7:15 am on August 11 as we will practice before we leave at 9:30 am. We will return on Thursday arriving at approximately 1:30 pm.
The weight room is open for football in summer on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday from 10:30 am to 11:45 am. If you plan to play football, you should attend at least two sessions each week.
Please bring the following on August 7:
- Completed physical dated after June 1, 2014 (if you have not attended ONE summer workout session as you need a physical to attend workouts. Physicals must be completed before workout sessions in the weight room)
- Completed 4-in-1 form
- $200 for SPIRITPAK - check made out to PVI. The SPIRITPAK includes t-shirt/shorts/laundry bag/game socks/girdle/mouthpiece/practice jersey and practice pants/polo shirt. They will keep all these items.
- $240 for Graves Mountain. You can write one check for $440 or separate checks.
- Lock for locker
- Football shoes - preferably UA - with 1/2 inch replaceable cleats
- Lunch each day
- Questions? Email PVIFootball2014@gmail.com
About PVI Football
PVI is proud to be to be a part of Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (VISAA) football structure. Since 2011, our football program has competed exclusively for the VISAA “Division I” championship. The VISAA has several divisions for many sports based on enrollment size. As one of the largest private schools in Virginia, Paul VI Catholic High School is classified as “Division I.” Our varsity football schedule consists of at least five contests against VISAA opponents and up to five non-VISAA contests of our choosing. The top four teams in “Division I” reach the playoffs based on a point-system (for more info visit www.visaa.org). There are 10-12 teams eligible for those four slots each season (similar to, but more competitive than the WCAC’s seven teams for four slots). While we are excited to be able to compete for a State Championship in football, our school is still a proud member of the WCAC. It is our sincere hope that the WCAC can successfully reformat the setup for football so that we may eventually consider a return. Most of our programs are full-fledged members of the WCAC (with the exception of Dance, Cheer, Options Sports, Swim & Dive, Ice Hockey, Indoor Track and Boys Volleyball) -all of which are not supported within the WCAC. Check the schedule on the right and see you at the games!